Tuesday, September 14, 2021

13 September 2021 – Parcent Circular Walk


16 of us on today’s walk

This is probably as many as we would want on any walk

It was cloudy today and more comfortable than last week

We had two new members walking with us today

They were a Dutch couple called Marlies and Franc

Paul and Chris also joined us for the first time since the summer break

 David asked me about our wargame, and I bored him with too much information during our banana break.

Gary and Tina are still in “holiday mode” and we are very impressed at how many restaurants and bars they visit each week.

Despite the recent new members everyone seems to be getting on really well and the banter was very good

There has been a lot of work done on the river banks at this part of the walk, including a new system of tracks

I was a little concerned, but fortunately had my satnav to help me find the right direction

With such a large group we will need a back marker on the longer and more complicated walks

We had frequent water stops because of the heat, and you can see that everyone seemed to be enjoying the walk

The only time it was quiet was when we crossed the field with the bee hives

Not surprising the three rivers we crossed were completely dry

We have now done this walk half a dozen times, and I am more confident even in the difficult parts

Consequently I was chatting too much, and not paying attention to where we were going

Until we reached a road and I realised I had missed a turn

Everyone was most amused, and particularly Barry

It was nice for everyone to be able to sit together in the Parcent cooperativa

Walking back to the car we passed this very friendly little fellow.  I am not sure whether he is a boar, but he was certainly not “wild”.   More like a friendly little puppy,.

Stats

Time taken – 3 hours

Distance – 9 km

Temperature – 21c to 26c 

No comments:

Post a Comment