Tuesday, December 7, 2021

5 December 2021 – Granadella


14 on today’s walk

This included Barry and Linda who are here for Christmas

And also Betty on her first walk with the group

It’s hard to believe that we last did this walk in November 2018

This is mainly because Jan does not like the ridge

As she was not walking today it seemed a good opportunity to do it again

Though I must admit it seemed much harder than I remember it to be

We planned to do this walk two weeks ago

But we cancelled because of a weekend of heavy rain

It is difficult enough when dry, it would be dangerous when wet

I was also a little concerned about heavy winds this past weekend

But in fact we had perfect walking conditions today

Bright sun all day showed the scenery, and photos, at their best

And a cool breeze made the climbs easier to manage

For most of the group this was their first time doing this walk

And I think most found it challenging but very rewarding

I had forgotten that today is a national holiday

So the route was busier than I have ever known it to be

But despite that a very enjoyable walk

And I hope it will not be three years before I do it again

Stats

Time taken – 5.5 hours

Distance – 9 km

Total ascent – 360 metres

Temperature – 9-17c

No comments:

Post a Comment